April 18, 2024, 06:44:19 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What do sodium chloride and phosphoric acid have in common?  (Read 6072 times)

Offline MatthewJames

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What do sodium chloride and phosphoric acid have in common?
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »
I have some undiagnosed medical condition that I've been to 5 doctors for. I have a bunch of symptoms and I've discovered through experimentation that excessive amounts of salty foods and the phosphoric acid in coca cola dramatically improves my symptoms temporarily. I know they are both electrolytes but is there anything else they have in common?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: What do sodium chloride and phosphoric acid have in common?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »
I'm gonna say, "They both coincidentally brighten MatthewJames:'s day." ;D  Seriously 'tho, I don't think we have enough information, but I don't think we're going to find a common causality for your unspecified observation.  There are many other "electrolytes", shouldn't they all work the same?  And no, phosphoric acid and sodium chloride aren't really similar chemically.  I've told you so before: http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=53064.msg195525#msg195525
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline coke-salt

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: What do sodium chloride and phosphoric acid have in common?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
MatthewJames if you are still pursuing sodium chloride and phosphoric acid in relation to your health, post here. I don't have a solution, however I can provide some more information you may be able to work with.

Sponsored Links