April 29, 2024, 06:55:44 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Two questions about sharing free educative material and receiving feedback about  (Read 8250 times)

Offline juanrga

• Mole Snacks: +16/-11
    • juanrga - sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences
(i)
I am working in an online reference work about science. It is a highly innovative work, where I try to introduce the last advances in each field (in contrast to textbooks, which are not always up to date) and I try to correct typical misunderstandings in the literature for improving the education of scientific topics on physics, chemistry, biology...

I started this project recently. Currently there is only one article and some drafts. I am beginning by the very basic and will be evolving towards more specialized topics. The first article is here:

http://juanrga.com/en/knowledge/a1110222009v1.html

It is an introduction to the concept of science. It includes a discussion of typical physicists concept of science and corrects the APS definition by adding aspects of chemistry which are frequently ignored by physicists and philosophers.

Several scientists found my new definition ok (sure you can find the name of a known physical chemist here).

Currently I am working in a draft about the International System of Units (SI) and I am using IUPAC/JCGM references as the main resource. Now I am studying de Bièvre, P.; Peiser, H.S. 1992: Pure Appl. Chem. 64(10), 1535–43 for a discussion of the concept of mole as SI unit.

I would like to know if I this community would be interested in being informed when a new draft/article was available; I would benefit from feedback, suggestions, and corrections of the contents. If the response is affirmative, what would be best forum? Chemical Education? This? Advertising? Other?

(ii)
In parallel, I am preparing a series of research articles. Those are prepared in PDF format and are directly announced in my twitter account to my followers (some as @chemicaltalk retweet to his followers the article). My first paper is an extension of the concept of heat to open systems and include a generalization of the first and second law of thermodynamics that you find in textbooks on thermodynamics and chemical thermodynamics. It is available here

http://juanrga.com/en/knowledge/pdfs/Non-redundant-and-natural-variables-definition-of-heat-valid-for-open-systems.pdf

It is also available in an open repository and is already indexed and cached by Google Scholar.

I submitted it to a journal and is currently under review. I would also know if this community would be interested in being informed when a new research article was available. If the response is affirmative, what would be best forum? Physical Chemistry? This? Physics? Other?

Thank you
Sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
If you start a single thread devoted to these announcements in Chemical Eduction, that would be OK with me, at least for now - depending on the situation it can change. Advertising is spammy at times and serious posts get lost there way too easily. At the same time experience tells me you should not expect too much input.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline juanrga

• Mole Snacks: +16/-11
    • juanrga - sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences
If you start a single thread devoted to these announcements in Chemical Eduction, that would be OK with me, at least for now - depending on the situation it can change. Advertising is spammy at times and serious posts get lost there way too easily.

Does the moderator of Chemical Education agree? I have just finished a draft about the international system of units

At the same time experience tells me you should not expect too much input.

I have some few questions regarding my most recent draft, if nobody can solve them, I will be not poor than now ;)
Sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Does the moderator of Chemical Education agree?

You have my word he does.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links