My son and I need assistance with these T or F questions, can we get some assistance. Thanks, Tom and James
11. The most stable oxidation state of Ni, Cu, and Zn in aqueous solution is +2.
12. The addition of a common anion to a solution of a weak acid will cause the percent ionization of that acid to decrease.
13. A chemical change occurs when the composition of the substance is altered.
14. If the concentrations of the products are decreased for a reaction that is in equilibrium, the reaction will shift right until equilibrium is restored.
15. The emission of an alpha particle by a parent nuclide produces a daughter nuclide with two fewer neutrons.
16. Bonding between halogen atoms is best described as an overlap of s orbitals on the halogen atoms.
17. If a reaction follows Arrheius' theory, a plot of the logarithm of the rate constant, 1n(k), vs. the absolute temperature, T, is a straight line.
18. A mole is a quantity of matter that can be conveniently measured on a laboratory balance.
19. The Group III cations form sulfides that are more soluble than the Group II cations.
20. Metallic solids have excellent electrical and thermal conductivity because the valance electrons are delocalized throughout the solid.