April 27, 2024, 07:14:14 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: aluminium ion lake test *delete me*!  (Read 8172 times)

asad

aluminium ion lake test *delete me*!
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »
aluminium ions presence in a salt is confirmed by performing a test called blue lake test i have been trying to get it rught in my chem lab for weeks but in vain can anyone suggest the exact method i should use the way i perform the test is that i take solution of aluminium salt in a test tube add few drops of litmus solution then acidify with dil. HCl then add NH4OH(ammonium hydroxide) and allow to stand . the result i should get is blue ppt. floating in colourless solution but i haven't got this result at all can anyone help me perform the test better?

Kdub

Re:aluminium ion lake test *delete me*!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 05:06:40 PM »
what aluminum salt?? ???

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re:aluminium ion lake test *delete me*!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 06:14:43 PM »
aluminium ions presence in a salt is confirmed by performing a test called blue lake test i have been trying to get it rught in my chem lab for weeks but in vain can anyone suggest the exact method i should use the way i perform the test is that i take solution of aluminium salt in a test tube add few drops of litmus solution then acidify with dil. HCl then add NH4OH(ammonium hydroxide) and allow to stand . the result i should get is blue ppt. floating in colourless solution but i haven't got this result at all can anyone help me perform the test better?

If you have been doing this test for weeks and getting a negative result is there a possibility that there are no aluminium ions present in the sample? ;)
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Sponsored Links