March 29, 2024, 11:17:24 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The top bar thingy  (Read 5977 times)

Corvettaholic

The top bar thingy
« on: June 02, 2004, 06:03:48 PM »
What happened to all the options at the top of the forums? All I got is chemical forums, logout, and buy chemicals...

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:The top bar thingy
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 09:30:47 PM »
The top bar thingy is called the "Top Menu" all of the links that were there are now to your left in the "left hand menu" under the category "Interact". I usually move things around here and there to try tand make the forum look nicer.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 09:33:12 PM by Mitch »
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:27:14 PM »
May I just suggest allowing us to edit the shout-boxes as there is one really long post in there which is squishing all the articles into a very thin column and just making things look kind of out of sorts.  Being able to edit our posts so that we can fix things like that, or so we can pester other posters into doing that, would be great.   ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 12:43:45 PM »
The menu column could use a bigger font-size..
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Corvettaholic

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 03:24:40 PM »
Maybe instead of bigger font size, a different color maybe? Not sure how that would go with the rest of the color scheme though. Its just kind of hard to notice, but that may be because I don't have this mystical power of "perception" that people speak of...  ::)

Sponsored Links