April 24, 2024, 10:32:02 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Validation Guidance for non-pharmaceutical analytical methods  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Alki

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Validation Guidance for non-pharmaceutical analytical methods
« on: January 12, 2012, 06:06:22 PM »
I know the Guidance for validate analytical methods, and I see that are focus to pharmaceutical products, but Do this guides apply to analytical methods not related to pharmaceutical products? ???

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +405/-70
    • My research history
Re: Validation Guidance for non-pharmaceutical analytical methods
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 03:22:26 AM »
I know the Guidance for validate analytical methods, and I see that are focus to pharmaceutical products, but Do this guides apply to analytical methods not related to pharmaceutical products? ???

These guidelines will be used for any substance that is produced and analysed under GMP conditions and will be sold for use after official approval.
Development Chemists do it on Scale, Research Chemists just do it!
My Research History

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Validation Guidance for non-pharmaceutical analytical methods
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:17:36 AM »
The are other standards.  The validation standards applied to pharmaceutical products fall under the heading of cGMP, sometimes called GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) of QSR (Quality Standard Regulation.)  I believe there are similar, but different standards, for environmental testing.  Also, sometimes NIST (National Institutes of Sciences and Technology) traceability is adequate, say for fine chemical manufacturing.  I've also worked under Six Sigma for fine chemicals manufacturing.  The question you have to ask is:  if you're not making a medicine (or a food, or a cosmetic,) or you're not testing an environmental sample for compliance with a government requirement, or you're not testing a manufacturing sample to confirm for a customer that the quality is consistent and adequate for their application -- what are you testing?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links