April 27, 2024, 03:34:31 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Online Organic Chemistry Tutor  (Read 4128 times)

Offline OrgoTutor

• Mole Snacks: +5/-0
  • Freelance Organic Chemistry Tutor
Online Organic Chemistry Tutor
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »
If you are looking for someone to help you with your Organic Chemistry I or II course, I'd be glad to tutor you!

Organic chemistry is a very demanding subject. Reaction mechanisms, multi-step synthesis problems, and spectral interpretation (NMR, IR, MS) are just a few of the difficult topics typically covered in Ochem. As a tutor, my goal is to teach you various strategies for solving these types of problems, in addition to clarifying concepts and principles (e.g. resonance, stereochemistry, etc.) and providing sample problems to work through together.

I am available for Online Tutoring via Skype video chat. Here's how it works: you download Skype (you don't even need a webcam on your computer, just a built-in microphone). Then, during the sessions we talk and share an onscreen whiteboard which allows you to see the chemical structures I draw and the notes I write with my writing tablet. If you think you might be interested in this, please send me an email describing your situation. Then we can schedule a free trial tutoring session, so you can see how it works and decide if online tutoring is right for you.

My rate for individual tutoring is $15 per 1 hour session. Price is, however, negotiable. Payment is accepted only through PayPal.

*I will not do your homework for you or help you cheat--I aim to teach you something*

Here's a little about me:
I graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and a 4.0 GPA overall. While I was in college, I tutored other students in chemistry through the academic services office, and for the past several months I've been tutoring chemistry students in the Charleston, SC area. I'm tutoring in order to prepare myself for graduate school (Fall 2012), after which I plan to teach college-level organic chemistry.

Please send me an email at nicechemtutor@gmail.com describing your situation, and we'll go from there!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Online Organic Chemistry Tutor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
Have you considered getting in touch with your university?  They may have a paid tutor program.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline OrgoTutor

• Mole Snacks: +5/-0
  • Freelance Organic Chemistry Tutor
Re: Online Organic Chemistry Tutor
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:46:04 PM »
Have you considered getting in touch with your university?  They may have a paid tutor program.

Currently, I don't have a university... I graduated in 2010, but I will be doing grad school this fall. I tutor students around my area in person, but I like being able to branch out by tutoring online. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Sponsored Links