April 16, 2024, 06:11:58 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to set-up ion exchange column using Amberjet 1200 H resin  (Read 4395 times)

Offline moonis123

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to set-up ion exchange column using Amberjet 1200 H resin
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:22:01 AM »
I am new to this forum. I have to analyse various compound groups present in soil organic matter (SOM). There SOM should be extracted from soil. In extraction  of SOM from  soil, the final stage is to pass the soil sample to ion exchange resin (Amberjet 1200 H or Dowex 50 WWx8) . It will be really nice if someone provide me a diagrammatic set-up along with name of apparatus required. After ion exchange, the sample has to freeze dried and then analysis using NMR.

Offline Pradeep

• Mole Snacks: +5/-3
Re: How to set-up ion exchange column using Amberjet 1200 H resin
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
My advice for you to post your problem on research gate. This forum looks like mainly focusing on education, but not on analytical chemistry researches.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: How to set-up ion exchange column using Amberjet 1200 H resin
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:44 PM »
Sorry, but your questions is hard to understand.  You ask for a "diagrammatic setup" and the full name of apparatus.  But I just know it as a column -- a hollow glass tube, that has a narrow tip.  Nowadays, you may have one with an embedded frit, otherwise you'd make one yourself.  To hold this upright, you'd use a ring stand, and clamps, same as you'd use whenever you'd want to hold something upright in a lab.  You'll want something pictured over here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Column_chromatography  If you can't just go to the stock room and grab one of those, then you'll need to ask someone at your lab how to go about getting materials like that.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links