March 28, 2024, 02:08:51 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Whats and Whys Water Quations?  (Read 2836 times)

Offline K'

• Mole Snacks: +0/-3
  • ;)
Whats and Whys Water Quations?
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »
Hello everybody,

I have some questions about water, and I want some deep details from a chemical prescriptive rather than just general ideas.
It doesn't have to be your own words, you may copy and paste text or links from other websites.

Note: The information must be reliable, because I am going to make a presentation front of about 50 people including the judge who happened to be my instructor. Wikipedia is ok, Geocities is a no,no :)

1. What kind of chemicals are in Tap Water? and Why these chemicals are important?
2. What makes water essential to life? and Why if there was no water life would not be possible on Earth?
3. What makes water molecules attracts to each other the way they are? and Why molecules attracts/sticks to almost anything?
4. What makes water molecules dissolve almost anything? and Why it is almost impossible to find water in its purest form on Earth?

Thanks guys.
pH=Hq

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Whats and Whys Water Quations?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
I went and checked, you were told in your other thread, that we expect you to do your own work.  We offer hints, and help with problems after you've started, not complete answers on this forum.

I have some questions about water, and I want some deep details from a chemical prescriptive rather than just general ideas.
It doesn't have to be your own words, you may copy and paste text or links from other websites.

Wow.  You actually want us to do the cut and paste from websites for you.  That's a rare occurrence, even for the worst posters here.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline K'

• Mole Snacks: +0/-3
  • ;)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
First of all, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, if I did, I apologize, However I want to point out that this is an irrelevant answer.
Wow.  You actually want us to do the cut and paste from websites for you.  That's a rare occurrence, even for the worst posters here.
That is your opinion and I totally respect it. However, you don't have the right to speak for everyone in the world Okay.
Maybe there is someone or many people are willing to volunteer their time to help others.
I have some specific questions about water, and I asked for some detailed answers, and hopefully I would find a knowledgeable person to help me out.

By the way, these chemical forums have to much regulations. I thought I would find people here are willing to share information, but apparently I was mistaken.

Good day sir  >:(
pH=Hq

Offline Jasim

• Mole Snacks: +15/-5
  • Analytical chemist, passionate about chemistry
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
I think you should start with Wikipedia. You seem to have too broad and general questions for this forum. I think what Arkcon and others mean is that it is not the purpose of this forum or it's members to regurgitate encyclopedic information, which is what you are asking for.

Just this section from Wikipedia would answer most of your questions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water#Chemical_and_physical_properties

If you are unsure about something after reading that or have further specific questions, then I think the forum may be an appropriate place for you to seek further information on the subject.

You state that your questions are specific, but they are not - your questions are broad and vague and indicate that you have not done your own preliminary research.

You could narrow down the information you seek by utilizing other resources on the web. A simple Google search for "Chemicals in tap water" yielded quite a few useful links.

As an example a specific question might be "How does chlorine in tap water make the water safer to drink?"

Sponsored Links