March 28, 2024, 09:34:48 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Finding Equilibrium Concentrations from Initial Concentrations n equi constant  (Read 7080 times)

Offline zainish

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
1st Question: Consider the following reaction:

SO2Cl2(g)<---->SO2(g)+Cl2(g)
kc=2.99*10^-7 at 227Celsius.

If a reaction mixture initially contains 0.159M SO2Cl2  , what is the equilibrium concentration of Cl2 at 227 Celsius ?

Question 2: CO(g) + H2O(g) <----> CO2(g) + H2(g)
A reaction mixture initially contains a CO partial pressure of 1342 torr  and a H2O partial pressure of 1778torr  at 2000K.

Part A: Calculate the equilibrium partial pressure of CO2 .
 Part B: Calculate the equilibrium partial pressure of H2.
I do not know how to do this. I am stuck in the quadratic formula, and i am getting a wrong answer, is some can please tell me how to do it. I will really appreciate it
Thank You so much

Offline JustinCh3m

• Mole Snacks: +12/-8
    • CollegeChemistryNotes
Google (even better to use your textbook - look it up in the index.) "ICE method". 

I - initial
C- change
E- equilibrium

This is in the "Chemical Equilibrium" chapter which is usually just after the "Chemical Kinetics" chapter...

Offline zainish

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I know I have to use ICE, and then I have to use quadratic formula, I made the quadtaric equation, but I didn't get the right answer.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
I know I have to use ICE, and then I have to use quadratic formula, I made the quadtaric equation, but I didn't get the right answer.

If so, you have to show details of your calculations, we can't help you otherwise.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links