January 23, 2020, 04:01:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 474428 times)

Offline Haim Rozler

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
  • I'm studying for Ph. D. in Physical Chemistry.
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #480 on: January 02, 2019, 06:24:07 AM »
Hello, my name is Haim Rozler and I'm studying for a Ph. D. in Physical Chemistry in the Ben-Gurion University in Israel.

Garith

« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
Good Evening well at least here it is 19h00 .

I am just a do it yourself type of guy who really has a passion for chemicals.

I am on this forum to find out more about pesticides and in particular Permetherin . I hate it that retailers rip the crap out of consumers.

fernandezdenni

« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2019, 04:26:44 AM »
Surprisingly was inspired by The Breaking Bad. My major occupation is a writer, but the world of chemistry started attracting me strongly.
oh, I am Denni

Offline sharbeldam

• Mole Snacks: +5/-0
« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2019, 06:54:03 PM »
Hi my name is Shar
I tutor Organic chemistry for free :) and im here to learn new things and also help people who need it.
O-Chem 1+2 Online Free tutor on Skype: Live:damnitsjake21

Online rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-3
« Reply #484 on: June 19, 2019, 05:43:56 AM »
Dear Friends,

I am Rolf, 53 years old.
I became interested in chemistry as a 12 year old, after my father bought mee and my brother a chemistry-set. I had a lab in our basement as a teenager, making both experiments with chemistry and electricity. Started at Astra-Zeneca in -96 doing prodrugs of penicillin, switched to working with nucleosides targeting HIV. When Astra closed down the HIV-research my bosses started a new company, Medivir. I stayd at Astra for one more year working with CNS-drugs, mainly 8-OHDPAT analogs doing a lot of palldium(0) and copper-chemistry then I quit and started at Medivir. At this time I also started my PhD. We worked with PETT-analogs, doing some really neat QSAR-work with the software PC-Model from Serena Software. I bought stocks really cheap when Medivir was just a 10-people company and -94 the company was on the Stockholm Stock Market, I made some profit on this. I have invested this in my own company Kemicon and are now working on some nice protecting group chemistry.
Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:06:52 AM by rolnor »

Online rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-3
« Reply #485 on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:39 PM »
I started at Astra-Zeneca -86, mistake!

Offline hollytara

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-0
« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
Holly Taringsworth

From Connecticut, have taught at a small college/university.  Have done lots of different kinds of chemistry - but mostly Organic related.

Love to run.

Offline Baseband

• Very New Member
« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2019, 09:02:50 AM »
Hello everybody! I recently joined this forum since I'm from Sweden and there's no Swedish counterpart where chemistry can be discussed.

I am taking a course in chemistry in October this fall, the reason for this is mainly because of interest and not necessarily because I care about education per se, as in my mom wanting to do something with my life etc, haha. Although, if my levels of knowledge increase to such a state that I am competent enough for a job, that would be wonderful, but I mostly value knowledge in itself :)

Greetings from Sweden!

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-2
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #488 on: September 16, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
Welcome Scarlette.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Hilary St Peter

« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm an academic researcher studying how people read and write technical communication (such as manuals and how-to instructions) outside of a workplace setting. I'm here to learn more about citizen chemistry. I'm also a tenured professor, amateur recorder player, and very slow runner. I live in Chicago, IL with my husband (who is a researcher and librarian) and our cat, Houdini. 

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +446/-20
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »
Welcome! I live in Chicago, too, so that's your random fact for the day.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Hilary St Peter

« Reply #491 on: December 03, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
I'm the principal investigator on a research study that includes citizen scientists and home chemists. I'd like to make a post in Citizen Chemistry inviting people to participate in a brief, voluntary and confidential research interview. But whether an online forum is open to inquiries from researchers can be pretty variable, and I don't want to intrude on what some folks might see as a private space. 

Could someone offer me some guidance about this, even if it's to tell me not to post? I would have contacted the moderator but I don't have messaging permissions as a new member. 

Offline Hilary St Peter

« Reply #492 on: December 03, 2019, 01:06:07 PM »
Also, hi, Corribus, from just across the city border! I live in Oak Park. 

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1668/-398
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #493 on: December 03, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
I'm the principal investigator on a research study that includes citizen scientists and home chemists. I'd like to make a post in Citizen Chemistry inviting people to participate in a brief, voluntary and confidential research interview. But whether an online forum is open to inquiries from researchers can be pretty variable, and I don't want to intrude on what some folks might see as a private space. 

Could someone offer me some guidance about this, even if it's to tell me not to post? I would have contacted the moderator but I don't have messaging permissions as a new member.

Fire away. I have no problems with people understanding netiquette says "ask first" :)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info, pH-meter.info

King1997

« Reply #494 on: December 11, 2019, 12:56:49 AM »
I am from China.
I work for a chemistry&IT company now.Our company are aiming at develop chemical software.
Our main product is KingDraw,a molecule editor.It is free and powerdul.
And we will do electornic lab notebook in the future.
Hope what we have done will benefit the human.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links