April 18, 2024, 03:11:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What do I want to look at?  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Pulsar

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What do I want to look at?
« on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:05 PM »
Hello there guys!

I'm a newbie around here.. so don't mind my ignorance!

I'm a high school student who is pretty interested in physics. I've been looking at quantum mechanics, astrophysics, particle physics in particular outside of school time. The very simple, basic stuff that I can handle, no maths at all (that I can handle at the moment). My purpose is not to show off, but I got some interest in Chemistry all of a sudden, and I wonder what interesting theories are there to look at at the moment. I'd say that I'm more interested in the atomic theory, the behaviour and interactions. I'm also interested in extremophiles, which is quite closely related to Chemistry. I'd probably consider it as 'general knowledge' for Chemistry I guess. That's how I treat the 3 aspects of Physics at the moment as well..

I'm sorry if I did not word it out with great clarity, but I'm hoping it's understood!

Offline Darren

• In-experience Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +2/-1
Re: What do I want to look at?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »
You can read up on the event horizon or singularity at a point in space :) physics and black holes kind of topics. Or maybe quasars and pulsars might interest you too? Or what about general relativity and special relativity?

Sponsored Links