March 29, 2024, 05:28:46 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 4-guanidinobutanoic acid  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Gyro

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
4-guanidinobutanoic acid
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:36 PM »
I came across the ChEBI ID of 4-guanidinobutanoic acid (15728) in a document and I would much appreciate knowing all there is to know about it; there is very little I could find online. The things I would like to know most are where it is made and what uses it has, both legal and illegal. Thank you in advance.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: 4-guanidinobutanoic acid
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:38:46 AM »
I came across the ChEBI ID of 4-guanidinobutanoic acid (15728) in a document and I would much appreciate knowing all there is to know about it;

OK, right away, we have a problem.  We like to help students learn by themselves, so they become better students.  That's part of the Forum Rules posted in red at the top of each page on this forum.  So asking us for "all there is to know about it" isn't what we want to work with.

there is very little I could find online.

That's not true.  A quick Google search leads me directly to many web pages.  They're a little technical, and sparse on information, but with a little work, you can find something.  You did ask for "all there is to know about it", so since you want everything, you should accept anything.  Right?

The things I would like to know most are where it is made

That's easy.  Online sources list the chemical companies that manufacture it, with their contact information.  If you want some, you can surely get some.  If you can afford it, and if you can use it safely.

and what uses it has,

It appears to be a human metabolite.

both legal

OK

and illegal.  Thank you in advance.

And now we have another problem. We don't discuss illegal topics on this board.  That's also part of the Forum Rules.

I'm going to lock this thread, for your benefit and for the benefit of other new users of this board.  You can post a similar question again, if you correct the problems with your post:

1).  Know most of your topic, or at least as much of what Google says, and ask us a few things that aren't clear
2).  Don't ask for anything illegal, or that might be illegal.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:17:25 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links