March 29, 2024, 09:16:43 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Looking for feed back from staff  (Read 11730 times)

Offline kemnet

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Looking for feed back from staff
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:32 AM »
Hello Staff,
Actually im not a chemistry student...im actually a computer developer. But ive always had a bit of an interest in chemistry so much so that i  was wondering. Is there a program or app, that any one of you would like to see developed that could help you in chemistry...one way or the other. I also have a few ideas that i want to send out to the community and would like you'll opinion on it whether or not it will be helpful to the Chemistry world...thanks!

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re: Looking for feed back from staff
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:34:19 PM »
What are some ideas, we'll tell you if it would actually be useful.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Schrödinger

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +138/-98
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
@Mitch : Can we have an android app that allows on-the-go replying to posts that one finds important/urgent? Also, I would be really glad to see notifications drop in via a text message (sms). Can we have something for that as well?
"Destiny is not a matter of chance; but a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 04:03:17 AM »
Perhaps Tapatalk?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2504

I know people using just "normal" browsers for browsing and answering forums on their smartphones. It happens I am still in the pre-smartphone era so details on what is convenient and what is not are blurry for me.

AFAIK SMS thing is out of the question - free SMS sending services put limits on the number of SMSes that can be sent, and I doubt Mitch would be happy with paying for hundreds of SMSes sent every day. Perhaps RSS feed could do the trick?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Schrödinger

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +138/-98
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 05:42:58 AM »
Yeah, free sms would be a problem :( RSS feeds seem fine. But the problem with RSS is, you probably cannot selectively get feeds for your posts and replies to your posts alone. Or say, newly opened topics.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance; but a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

Sponsored Links