April 29, 2024, 02:54:32 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Organometallic Resources  (Read 2290 times)

Offline benzophenone

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Organometallic Resources
« on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:55 AM »
I'm a junior Chem major, started in an organometallic research group that specializes in synthesis/ alkane activation using highly fluorinated ligands (we don't prepare these) on metal (mostly Ag, Cu) scorpionate complexes. (probably a better way to word it, but I don't care)

I'm looking for some resources to serve as a foundation for organometallic chemistry. I see some text books online, but I'm not sure which one is worth buying.

Offline Mm04302011

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Organometallic Resources
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
Hi-
Glad to hear you picked such an interesting research topic!!  ;) Here is a internet link with some basic information to get you started:

http://www.ilpi.com/organomet/

As far as texts go, I taught myself from Crabtree's Organometallic Chemistry of the Transition Metals, which is a bit more concise and easier to "self-teach."  The new "bible" in organometallics seems to be Hartwig's Organotransition Metal Chemistry: From Bonding to Catalysis, but while this text has lots of information, it is well over 1000 pages and would be an extremely intimidating way to be introduced to the subject.  Have you had inorganic chemistry yet?  If not, I suggest picking up Miessler and Tarr's Inorganic text to get an understanding of transition metal bonding. 

Happy Reading!

Sponsored Links