April 19, 2024, 10:42:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: how to publish a paper  (Read 6601 times)

Offline sakurako-rus

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
how to publish a paper
« on: June 08, 2012, 07:01:18 AM »
Hi everybody!
I`m Russian scientist and work in area of biochemistry. The main tack of mine now is publishing a paper in a journal, it is desirable, with Impact factor. May be, you know some journals,  non very captious, with friendly reviewers, where this is not so difficult to publish? Please, help me!

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +405/-70
    • My research history
Re: how to publish a paper
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Hi everybody!
I`m Russian scientist and work in area of biochemistry. The main tack of mine now is publishing a paper in a journal, it is desirable, with Impact factor. May be, you know some journals,  non very captious, with friendly reviewers, where this is not so difficult to publish? Please, help me!

A journal with impact factors will expect a high standard of work. If you are a biochemist you must be aware of such journals. Submit your paper to one of them and see what happens.
Development Chemists do it on Scale, Research Chemists just do it!
My Research History

Offline sakurako-rus

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:35:43 AM »
thanks, I`ve already done it twice, so I know very well, what happens usually. The thing is, I`m looking for suitable journal.

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
    • My research history
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:17:18 AM »
thanks, I`ve already done it twice, so I know very well, what happens usually. The thing is, I`m looking for suitable journal.

Well if you have done it twice you can do it a third time!
My Research History

Offline sakurako-rus

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 01:56:56 AM »
of course, I`ll do it, this is my main work today, but how to find a journal, which will definitely publish our paper? "To be or not to be?" - this is the question.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 02:43:06 AM »
I think you get it wrong - if the paper is rejected you should not look for a journal with lower publishing standards, but you should look for ways of making your paper better.

BTW: congrats of yesterdays 4:1 with Czechs.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
    • My research history
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »
of course, I`ll do it, this is my main work today, but how to find a journal, which will definitely publish our paper? "To be or not to be?" - this is the question.

You cannot guarantee publication. As you know it depends on the referee's reports, the editor, standard of work, and so on.
Just write it and submit it to one of the journals you have used before.
My Research History

Offline sakurako-rus

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 03:33:53 AM »
thank you all for your answers! all my problems are the fact, I don`t have enough time! now i`ve got only one shot!
P.S. Thanks for congratulations! we`ll see later, whether our team is as wonderful, as seems now... 

Offline OC pro

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +36/-15
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »
The reviewing process is a story of its own. I had so many negative experiences with it. For example one reviewer is extremely positive about the work and the other one rejects the paper (I sometimes feel because of personal reasons).
Another example: we tried to put a really nice piece work into JACS. It was not even sent out for reviewing process because the editor said the work was not substantial enough. Going to Chem Comm (my mentor is FRSC) we immediately got an acceptance. Too much politics involved.

@sakurako-rus: Often the reviewers give some good hints on how to improve the paper for another submission. Can you be more specific about your work? Otherwise it is difficult to propose a certain journal for you. Btw in which journal you got a rejection?

Sponsored Links