March 28, 2024, 04:14:09 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Promotion  (Read 7951 times)

Offline cheese (MSW)

• Not a
  • Mole Snacks: +15/-23
Promotion
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:38 PM »
Without any notification or my permission I have been promoted to a full member.  I respectfully request that I be put back to a regular member.  As you can see I have 13 –ve mole snacks.   Someone with that record certainly does not deserve to be elevated to full member status. 
Thank you.  cheese (MSW)

Offline Sophia7X

• Mole Snacks: +32/-4
  • I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Re: Promotion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
I think those are just "titles" you get for a specific number of posts. Maybe 100 posts = full member.
Entropy happens.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
Someone with that record certainly does not deserve to be elevated to full member status.  Thank you.  cheese (MSW)

Oh, lulz.  Yes, I once said the same thing, on another forum.  No, sorry, that's just the forum software elevating your title.  Hmmm ... I wonder, if you delete some posts, will you drop back down?  But for how long?  You'll only end up a full member once you hit a hundred quality posts again.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline cheese (MSW)

• Not a
  • Mole Snacks: +15/-23
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
I am sure the administrators can carry out my simple request.
You can't have it both ways gentlemen.  I'll withhold all answers
to questions on forum until I am put back to a regular member.
I see no one has answered the last three questions on the inorganic forum, still.
I did a SciFinder search for the UV spectrum of Cs^+(aq) and drew a blank.
Interesting. I have two possibilities to explain what is going on but I need to know
what is the UV spectrum of Cs^+(aq), that is, a blank.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:39:16 AM »
I am sure the administrators can carry out my simple request.

No. As Sophia7X wrote these titles are awarded automatically by the forum engine, and they based only on the number of posts. It can be changed for all or for none, and just because you don't like it is not a reason to implement the change that will touch everyone.

If it means loosing you - so be it. Yes, I would like to have you on the forum for your expertise, but so far your expertise is outweighed by high maintenance costs. In the last few days we all spend way too much time sweating over small things.

Topic locked. I am also going to delete/lock any other related topics in the near future, it makes no sense to waste time over things that the majority see as non-issues.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links