March 28, 2024, 04:28:48 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Where did Chemistry Guy go? aka chemistryguy.com  (Read 13657 times)

Offline Alberto_Kravina

• Assault Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-15
Re:Where did Chemistry Guy go?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 09:05:58 AM »
The site is JUNK!  >:(
The new look is really terrible!
Pity...it was a really interesting forum when it was called chemistry.com, but now it is trash.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 09:07:49 AM by Alberto_Kravina »

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:Where did Chemistry Guy go?
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
Well, bring your friends over to this site. We'll adopt them into our fold. :)
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
Re:Where did Chemistry Guy go? aka chemistryguy.com
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 11:02:57 AM »
well the site has definetaly changed a lot and not in a positive way.  now you have to wait a lot longer to view your post or even get a response, atleast until it passes the approval of someone, which is not at all efficient, it would meant that your reponse to a question could take days to go up there, would be incredebly bad for anyone seeking help because it would mean days to get one response that was answered perhaps as soon as that person's post went up.

i used to have like 500+ posts, but really as soon as the name changed from chemistry.com to chemistryguy.com the number of people joining went down from like 5 a day to about 3 a week, maybe even less.
it seems like the site was bought by a company, apparently medzilla, since most of the questions, which no one ever saw in the previous forum, say they are from medzilla readers (gee wonder were i got the idea it was medzilla LOL) ;D

ohh well i like this forum better, has more of the kind of sections that i like, and more members.  that and there has been a migration of members from chemistryguy.com to chemicalforums.com

currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Chrataxe

Re:Where did Chemistry Guy go? aka chemistryguy.com
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 08:38:56 AM »
So, just to get some kind of heads up, who all here is a chemistryguy regular that has migrated?  I know there is me, Alberto_K, bakegaku (you should so go back to NG...much easier to remember), Pi (though I don't remember your CG name...damn, been that long), Borek (even though you left a while back)....am I missing any?  We need to get smartkiwi over here.  I have him on MSN...I'll shoot him a message sometime.

Either way, I like this one better...more people, more knowledgeable people and the site is run by chemistry people, for chemistry people.

Sponsored Links