April 18, 2024, 06:15:35 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I might be in a wrong section but I need help. Organic vs. Inorganic  (Read 3324 times)

Offline vvetkin083

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What do I have to review from Inorganic Chemistry to succeed in Organic? I only have to take Organic 1 and I worry because I took my general chemistry 1 and 2 more then 5 years ago. I did really well but I do not remember anything :-\ Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: I might be in a wrong section but I need help. Organic vs. Inorganic
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
Often, at the very end of a Chemistry II course, they'll give you an introduction to Organic Chemistry.  So you might want to start with that.  Also, some of the basic concepts of orbital hybridization, especially that of carbon, are useful too.  But in many ways, Organic courses tend to stand alone apart from General chemistry courses, at least at the start.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: I might be in a wrong section but I need help. Organic vs. Inorganic
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:15:05 AM »
What do I have to review from Inorganic Chemistry to succeed in Organic?

Inorganic is mostly irrelevant, but brushing up your General chemistry is a good idea. Arkcon is right that OChem is a realm of its own, but many concepts are universal.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links