April 25, 2024, 01:31:33 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Getting Potassium Cyanide  (Read 23888 times)

DarkKnight

Getting Potassium Cyanide
« on: June 09, 2004, 03:43:54 PM »
I would like to know how to make pure Potassium Cyanide in powder form.  I am not advanced in chemistry in general, but I am very clever,  For instance I know how to convert U238 to U235.
  If you know how I can buy+test or make Potassium Cyanide then I would be very gratefull for your info.  If you know of any how to''s available that are genuine then please list them.
  Just a note.  I know it is illegal to pocess Potassium Cyianide in the US, unless you are autharised.  I am in a country where it is legal to pocess mostly what you want.  
  I would really appreaciate any help and may even offer a cheque if you help me.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:Getting Potassium Cyanide
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 03:47:03 PM »
Not appropriate material for this website.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 05:27:08 PM »
You won't find out how to produce KCN here.  If you aren't advanced in chemistry, you shouldn't be messing with it.  If you have to ask how to get it, then you don't really need to have it in the first place.

Posession of KCN is not illegal in the US (depending on the state you live in); it can just easily be used as a 'chemical weapons' charge against you in the case that you are arrested by the cops for anything else.  I would suspect posession of it is illegal in many other countries in the world, maybe even in Britian (since you're near London).

Cheerio!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:34:10 PM by hmx9123 »

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 12:15:34 AM »
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links