April 20, 2024, 08:02:25 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Cannot see pictures  (Read 10825 times)

Offline zeved

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Cannot see pictures
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »
Hello!
I am sorry if this question was answered before (tried searching but been given a nice 404) but why can't I see pictures in some posts? I have no adblocker or anything like that still some pictures aren't there...

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Cannot see pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:07 AM »
It really depends.  Some posts are very old, and if their images were attached to a posting on this board, they can be lost in a software upgrade.  If someone has hosted the image themselves, and linked it to their post, then its up to them to keep the image available, and they and their hosting company may keep it up for as long or as short a time as they feel like it.  If a posting contains nothing but an image that's been lost, and no typed question, and has no answer except, "Yes, that's correct" or "Try harder," then I tend to delete the posting when I notice it to remove clutter.  But any sort of discussion, even if the image is lost, is worth keeping. 

Or do you mean you can't see Latex equations? 
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
but why can't I see pictures in some posts? I have no adblocker or anything like that still some pictures aren't there...

To add to what Arkcon wrote - we have lost about 2000 attachments to the posts when the forum was moved in panic mode from server to server many years ago. So if you can't see images attached to early posts that's a possible reason.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:34:40 PM by Borek »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline zeved

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
To add to what Arkcon wrote - we have lost about 2000 attachments to the posts when the forum was moved in panic mode from server to server many years ago. So if you can't see images attached to early posts that's a possible reason.

No, I do not refer to earlier posts. This topic is quite recent and I can see only the question in the OP's post, no pic or anything.
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=60736.0
is there a picture or a LATEX equation?

thanks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:33:52 PM by Borek »

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »
No, I do not refer to earlier posts. This topic is quite recent and I can see only the question in the OP's post, no pic or anything.
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=60736.0

The OP in that thread did not post any pictures, the question referred to the title of the topic and not a picture.

Can you see the picture posted by discodermolide in the same thread?

Can you see the picture that you posted in this thread?
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Sponsored Links