April 18, 2024, 10:05:20 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Flavone synthesis, assessing.  (Read 5730 times)

Offline yesandno

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Flavone synthesis, assessing.
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
Hello,

Could someone please inform me on how hard is the synthesis of CAS # 38183-03-8 going to be?

I would like to have this compound synthesized and am wondering what could be the minimal costs. Thank you.

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +405/-70
    • My research history
Re: Flavone synthesis, assessing.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
Hello,

Could someone please inform me on how hard is the synthesis of CAS # 38183-03-8 going to be?

I would like to have this compound synthesized and am wondering what could be the minimal costs. Thank you.

This should be about a 4 step synthesis. Have a look here.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21073191
The starting material is relatively expensive  and will contribute mostly to the costs.
Development Chemists do it on Scale, Research Chemists just do it!
My Research History

Offline yesandno

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:25:02 AM »
Hello,

The starting material is relatively expensive  and will contribute mostly to the costs.

If you don't mind. How much at a minimum do you think it would cost to synthesize this in the amount of 1 kilogram?

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
    • My research history
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:35 AM »
Hello,

If you don't mind. How much at a minimum do you think it would cost to synthesize this in the amount of 1 kilogram?

I assume you have a method and yields? I cannot work it out without them, neither can you.
The SM is about $300/5g.
It may be cheaper to look for alternate suppliers.
Then you will be able to work it out. Remember that purification steps should also be taken into consideration as well as the lab daily running costs,  energy etc.
So I think you should be able to give an estimate for the Kg price.
My Research History

Offline yesandno

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »
So, lowest possible cost (from a Chinese supplier) could be? Sorry, just wondering about this product. :)

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
    • My research history
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 02:32:01 AM »
So, lowest possible cost (from a Chinese supplier) could be? Sorry, just wondering about this product. :)

Could be, you need to examine the quality carefully in that case
My Research History

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:22:21 AM »

Obviously, the cost will depend on what the supplier wants to have you pay.  There is no formula or standard code for what companies charge for products and services.  You will have to ask a few, and see what they charge.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline fledarmus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-28
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:14 AM »
This compound is commercially available from several suppliers. TCI, for example, lists it for $266/5g, and has at least 50g available http://www.tcichemicals.com/eshop/en/us/commodity/D1916/.html. If you need bulk quantities, do a Scifinder search for the compound, check the listed commercial suppliers, and ask for quotes. A quote doesn't cost you anything except time to send an email.

Offline yesandno

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »
Here's something that worries me. I looked on "lookchem" and got plenty of quotes from China. The price for one kilogram really varied. One supplier even said they can supply on kilogram for twenty-seven dollars. Twenty seven? Another for 3500 (pharmaceutical level). A HPLC was provided by one supplier for the compound for the cost of $660 for a kilogram.

I don't think even Chineese companies will do a GC-MS for 1 kilogram of a product. Does anyone know where I can have an individual GC-MS done on one sample and what are the costs for it? Thanks!

Offline fledarmus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-28
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »
When I Google "analytical testing gc-ms" I get a whole string of labs willing to run GC-MS analyses commercially. I would suggest you contact a few of them and discuss your options and costs.

Sponsored Links