April 28, 2024, 12:22:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: creating colloidal gold  (Read 13064 times)

Merlin

creating colloidal gold
« on: June 10, 2004, 03:18:08 PM »
I know of an old alchemy recipe for colloidal gold that goes like this:
1. Gold is dissolved in Aqua Regia made of 1 part Nitric and 1 part hydrochloric
2. The pH is adjusted to 9 using wine and digesting in a sealed flask for a few hours
3. The elixir can now *supposedly* be safely ingested because the dangers of the acid have been neutralized

Is this true? Does wine really neutralize acid? And if so, does it take care of the nitrogen problem from the nitric acid? I tried dissolving gold in Aqua Regia made with 1 part nitric acid and 1 part hydrochloric and it did NOT turn red which indicates that it was NOT dissolved down to colloidal size particles. But I used 30% hydrochloric instead of the normal 37%. Maybe that makes a small difference.

Now I know about how colloidal gold is made in modern chemistry. I've read up on all that. What I need to know is if you can really make the Aqua Regia safe by mixing it with wine.
I have another recipe that describes how to make an even more powerful elixir which I have detremined must be sodium auride with the gold atom being radio isotope 197 of gold. A french alchemist who ingested this elixir gained extreme psychic power which she has demonstrated in full. She says the crystalline structure under a microscope looks like the star of David and emits the most beautiful light she has ever seen. Possibly it is the radiation coming from the gold -197 isotopes.

Offline Scratch-

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +6/-4
  • llamas, eat my bazooka!
Re:creating colloidal gold
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 06:42:49 PM »
Sounds to me like the gold is forming a salt... Gold isn’t very reactive but (Correct me if I’m wrong) I remember reading somewhere that it reacts with some acids. But any effect that the elixer will have that I can think of is from the placebo effect.
Hydrochloric acid, guaranteed to make you lose weight!

Corvettaholic

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 07:44:39 PM »
I wonder if I can fool myself, and others, with the placebo effect...

But as far as aqua regia... what is that stuff? I've heard around here a couple times and the only thing I know is that its bad for you. What are its uses and is there a common name for it?

Offline Scratch-

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +6/-4
  • llamas, eat my bazooka!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 08:30:52 PM »
I did some research..

Aqua regia is a mixture of one part nitric acid and three parts hydrocloric acid --- VERY bad for you =/

Adding gold makes it form another toxic compound: gold cloride. While not as toxic as drinking strait nitric and hydrocloric acid it is pritty toxic. Heres what I found on it.

Swallowed:  Irritation, anusea and diarrhea. may cause stomatitis, metallic tasete.
Eye: Irritation. Exposure to high concentration of hydrogen chloride ghas may cause blindness. Gold deposits may occur in the eyes causing keratitis and corneal ulceration.
Skin: Causes burns. Exposure can cause itching, erythema, eczema, erthema multiforime.... blah blah ...Exposure can also cause grey to plue pigmintation... etc.
Inhaled: Material is extremely destructive to the tissure of mucous membranes and upper respitory tract... etc etc. Need I continue?

I don't see how adding wine will do anything to the gold cloride. I wouldn't drink that even if it did give phychic powers (It doesn't though). =/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 08:31:43 PM by Scratch- »
Hydrochloric acid, guaranteed to make you lose weight!

Offline gregpawin

• Cradle Bandit
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +22/-5
  • Ebichu chu chu chuses you!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 09:39:07 PM »
Drinkable?  I would think the gold would be such a powerful oxidizing agent.
I've got nothin'

Wizard

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 12:25:13 PM »
Hi everyone, I developed a process on my website (so far) which allows for the creation of sodium auride in water from quartz (yes this is a transmutation).
the process is explained at http://alchemy.whyi.org/quartz

Currently I'm building a kiln to finish the experiment but I would be honored if someone else would like to verify my works. Thanks !

golden

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 01:03:50 PM »

Offline pantone159

• Mole Herder
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +54/-6
  • A mole of moles doesn't smell so nice...
    • Go Texas Soccer!!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 02:29:14 PM »
Does wine really neutralize acid?

the gold atom being radio isotope 197 of gold.

I'm pretty sure that wine is weakly acidic.  It is certainly more acidic than my tap water, whenever I clean out a glass with some dried red wine left over from the night before, I can observe the indicator color change from red (acid) to blue/green (basic).  Red wine is a pH indicator.

All gold is Au-197, unless you got it from a nuclear reactor.  That is the only natural isotope.

Offline woelen

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +40/-2
  • The art of wondering makes life worth living...
    • Science made alive
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 03:29:34 PM »
Hi everyone, I developed a process on my website (so far) which allows for the creation of sodium auride in water from quartz (yes this is a transmutation).
the process is explained at http://alchemy.whyi.org/quartz

Currently I'm building a kiln to finish the experiment but I would be honored if someone else would like to verify my works. Thanks !
Crap and sheer nonsense! Don't post this kind of rubbish over here.
Want to wonder? See http://www.oelen.net/science

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 02:30:03 PM »
Crap and sheer nonsense! Don't post this kind of rubbish over here.

I concur.  Whatever "lab" you used to verify that it is indeed gold is a farce.  You just got suckered into believing that it is true.  Please tell me how silicon oxide can be converted into the element gold?  Once you give me an answer that is acceptable, then I'll proceed to listen.  (I'm 100% confident that he/she will NOT be providing any good answer here).
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline science2000

• Mole Snacks: +5/-5
  • Bio/Chem Student
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 02:38:59 PM »
Sometimes gold occurs in quartz, but this is rare.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 08:59:57 PM »
Even if it did occur in the quartz it like science2000 said that would be rare. It would also be in extremely trace amounts also probably. It's physically impossible. I too would need a reasonable explantion of why/how this (would) happen(s).
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline pantone159

• Mole Herder
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +54/-6
  • A mole of moles doesn't smell so nice...
    • Go Texas Soccer!!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 02:05:55 AM »
I think that, sometimes, gold occurs in the ground along with quartz.
That could be a means to scam somebody - pretend you can turn plain quartz into gold, but actually there was a little gold there in the first place.

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 05:50:55 PM »
1. Gold is dissolved in Aqua Regia made of 1 part Nitric and 1 part hydrochloric

Not the right ratio for aqua regia.

2. The pH is adjusted to 9 using wine and digesting in a sealed flask for a few hours

If wine is slightly acidic how does this adjust the pH to 9 which is basic (not neutral by the way)?

3. The elixir can now *supposedly* be safely ingested because the dangers of the acid have been neutralized

pH 9 is not neutral, besides I don't think wine will neutralise this acid anyway. DO NOT INGEST!

Is this true? Does wine really neutralize acid?

No.

And if so, does it take care of the nitrogen problem from the nitric acid?

What is the nitrogen problem?
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Sponsored Links