April 28, 2024, 07:32:21 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Tacticity of PLA  (Read 2758 times)

Offline gritch

• Mole Snacks: +8/-0
  • Graduate Student: Inorganic Chemistry
Tacticity of PLA
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »
Hello,

I've been synthesize an organometallic initiator for the ring opening polymerization of lactide to generate polylactic acid (PLA). Preliminary results are good. HNMR confirms full polymerization is occurring in a reasonable amount of time and there seems to be only side reactions occurring (incoming Mass Spect to confirm).

I am having the the hardest time however interpreting the data from the homonuclear decoupled HNMR. It seems pulsing the sample at ever so different methyl regions creates a different distributions of triads among the methine region. After running this experiment a few times I'm willing to throw out the odd out liner in the interpretation but its presence at all is confusing.

I also am unable to fit what data I have been able to retrieve to any sort of probabilistic distribution. It doesn't seem to fit a simple Bernoullian distribution and I haven't been able to fit it to a first-order Markov distribution by hand.

If anyone works with polymers could give me a tip or if anyone knows of any computational programs that might help (I know basically nothing about programming unfortunately) I'd appreciate it. 

My thanks.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: Tacticity of PLA
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »
What is the distribution of?

Sponsored Links