April 19, 2024, 07:39:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: measurement of equipment  (Read 2557 times)

Offline gigantor1025

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
measurement of equipment
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
my uncle asked him to purchase a 500 ml, and 1000 ml, and 250 ml round bottom flask. he said to get him a "condensor" distillation adapter, vacuum adapter, and thermometer adapter. then he said 19/22 or 24/40 and told me with a little research its completly self explanatory. however, its not. i was looking at "condensors and they were all different measurements. can somebody tell me the proper measurements for the pieces of equipment that i have not specified the measurement? (condensor, distillation adapter, vacuum adapter, thermometer adapter). its for a "distillation apparatus" apparently his old lab was destroyed during a moving process. if anybody can help me not look like a total dumbass, id really really appreciate it

Offline fledarmus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-28
Re: measurement of equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
This might help you at least understand the names to most of the glassware:

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/cls6949g2?lang=en&region=US

All of what he asked for is fairly straightforward except for the condensor. There are so many different types of condensors available that your choice will really depend on what he is trying to accomplish. The straight condensors shown in the picture I linked are probably the most common for simple distillations, however.

Offline gigantor1025

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: measurement of equipment
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:58 PM »
word thanks

Sponsored Links