April 25, 2024, 12:49:06 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Imine Synthesis Information?  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Seraph2284

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
Imine Synthesis Information?
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
So I am trying to find some peer reviewed journals to reference for a formal report on the chitosan catalyzed synthesis of imines.  I used vanillin and aniline to produce  2-methoxy-4-phenyliminomethyl-phenol. I'm looking for three to four sources to discuss chitosan (I already have two so I don't need for this so much), the function of imines in organic chemistry, and medicinal properties of imines.  I have been searching for hours now and can't find anything other than for chitosan.

Would anyone be able to direct me to a few references please?

Thanks in advance

Offline Seraph2284

Re: Imine Synthesis Information?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 04:45:34 AM »
Yeah, I can't find anything useful either... hopefully someone can find something for me.

Offline spirochete

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +51/-9
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
This could be an issue of research skills and knowledge. How have you already searched? It's far more useful for someone to teach you how to do a literature search than to just hand you papers.

My apologies if you're already very well versed in this, but asking on a forum like this suggests you might not be.

Offline Seraph2284

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:47:16 AM »
If you read my original post, you would see that I've already searched for many hours.  I've found one source after probably another four hours of going through I don't know how many journals books and articles since this thread.  Thanks though for... well, I guess nothing really.

Offline orgopete

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +213/-71
    • Curved Arrow Press
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
So I am trying to find some peer reviewed journals to reference for a formal report on the chitosan catalyzed synthesis of imines.  I used vanillin and aniline to produce  2-methoxy-4-phenyliminomethyl-phenol. I'm looking for three to four sources to discuss chitosan (I already have two so I don't need for this so much), the function of imines in organic chemistry, and medicinal properties of imines.  I have been searching for hours now and can't find anything other than for chitosan.

Would anyone be able to direct me to a few references please?

Thanks in advance

Seeing how the discussion has been going, let me add my two cents. The question and information posted is quite general. If someone asked for references for the medicinal properties of organic compounds, no one would reply. The difference in structure of the imine prepared from aniline and chitosan adds a further complication. For those familiar with the modern paradigm of how drug act, the question virtually becomes a nonstarter. The mechanism of action of drugs virtually negates "the medicinal properties of imines". I doubt you can find "imines" constitute a class of drugs, hence no references to their medicinal properties. I don't want to tell you how to write your report or to evaluate it. For your knowledge level and what you have written so far, this may be outstanding. However, we cannot intuit what has been written and its intent. I'm quite certain you can find references to imines in biological chemistry in many ochem or biochem books. I suspect these may be sufficient for your purposes. Hint, look at amino acid chemistry.
Author of a multi-tiered example based workbook for learning organic chemistry mechanisms.

Offline spirochete

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +51/-9
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 01:52:03 AM »
If you read my original post, you would see that I've already searched for many hours.  I've found one source after probably another four hours of going through I don't know how many journals books and articles since this thread.  Thanks though for... well, I guess nothing really.

I read your original post. "Searching for many hours" could mean anything from googling to exhaustively searching scifinder. You need to give us more info.

Sponsored Links