April 28, 2024, 12:39:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: AP Chemistry -Standard Reduction Potential  (Read 1644 times)

Offline LanaHere

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
AP Chemistry -Standard Reduction Potential
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »
AP Chemistry homework question due tomorrow Sept 27th, Please reply with an explanation. ASAP Please. I've added two attachments so you can see the problem. Question number 13 on the 2nd attachment is the question i'm having trouble with.

Thank you!

Offline LanaHere

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: AP Chemistry -Standard Reduction Potential
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:41 AM »
Per Forums Rule that I should show my attempt at working the problem before posting my question, to my defend, I didn't know where to start actually. I just didn't know how to approach the problem & that's why I asked the question. We just started that subject yesterday in class & the homework is due this morning. As you can see, i worked out 2 problems before that, #11 & #12, but just didn't know how to approach #13. That's why I couldn't show my attempt. Just didn't know what to do with it or where to begin.
Thanks.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: AP Chemistry -Standard Reduction Potential
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:50:26 AM »
Potential between electrodes is measured as 0.34V and one the the electrodes has - by definition - potential of zero volts. What is the potential of the other electrode?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links