April 26, 2024, 06:56:33 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Aqua regia  (Read 3451 times)

Offline ccirrocc

• Mole Snacks: +0/-4
Aqua regia
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »
Hey every one.  I am new the this type of work.  I don't understand none of the chemical symbols.  However, I am interested in gold separation from con centerates. 

This may be a stupid to most of you, but what is Aqua Regia?  I know what water is but Regia?  Is Regia short for something?  Besides using it with gold processes.  What else is it used in.  From my readings on this site it is used a lot.

Thanks cc

Offline discodermolide

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +405/-70
    • My research history
Re: Aqua regia
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:28:36 AM »
Hey every one.  I am new the this type of work.  I don't understand none of the chemical symbols.  However, I am interested in gold separation from con centerates. 

This may be a stupid to most of you, but what is Aqua Regia?  I know what water is but Regia?  Is Regia short for something?  Besides using it with gold processes.  What else is it used in.  From my readings on this site it is used a lot.

Thanks cc

Have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_regia
Development Chemists do it on Scale, Research Chemists just do it!
My Research History

Offline Jasim

• Mole Snacks: +15/-5
  • Analytical chemist, passionate about chemistry
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
Not intending to be mean or rude here, but Google and Wikipedia are really good for avoiding posting questions a person can easily get the answer to for themselves. Might want to try one of those first next time. I don't mind answering questions, but you can get the answers a lot faster by trying a Google search first. If something doesn't make sense to you, or you have trouble finding answers to your questions, then posting on a forum is a good next step.

Offline 8bambi4

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:07 AM »
Hey ccirrocc! 

Don't feel bad about asking about Aqua Regia.  I'm also quite new in being around chemicals and working in a lab.  It's been a year now.  The first time I've heard about Aqua Regia, I thought it was some kind of special water.  (Aque = water).  I even misspelled it!!!  Aqua Reagin!!!!  Wrote what I heard.  Anyway, the one guy told me it's a mixture of HCl and Nitric acid.  It took me a while to remember the mixture and the spelling  :D  But if we don't ask, we'll never know!!  Good luck with your gold separation!!

P.S.  the other guys is right though, you can google any kind of question or statement and wikipedia is most promising!!

Sponsored Links