April 28, 2024, 10:39:45 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What did everyone get for xmas?  (Read 14206 times)

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
What did everyone get for xmas?
« on: December 28, 2005, 12:00:37 AM »
Hey all, after stuffing our faces with xmas grub, what did everyone get for xmas?

I had a terrible case of the flu, and when I went to my doctor, he gave me 100x 30mg dihydrocodeine (my favourite opioid so far), quite a lot of nitrazepam, my favourite benzo, and a generous amount of domperidone to stop the puking, and daftly enough, a course of erythromycin, although flu is VIRAL! funny enough, erythromycin willstill be useful to me, as it is a decent cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 inhibitor, inhibiting n-demethylation of dihydrocodeine, and potentiating it, as more is o-demthylated by CYP2D6 to dihydromorphine in the liver, so potentiating and increasing my prescribed nod, on my favourite drugs, on the New Labour (shitty) government's tab as I get jobseekers allowance ;D

After taking that lot, after having nothing but gamma-butyrolactone for the damn flu for a whole week, hourly, I felt almost cured.

The icing on the cake though, was my beloved female companion, bought me for xmas, a nice fat bag of skunk, while I had the flu, on top of the benzo-ified nodding, a nice smoke (the skunk was of course, a dead furry animal, for legal reasons, of course, I tell the truth always, and by the way, I am the new pope ;)),  and a sleep, woke up cured.

My parents gave me a bike, my uncle got me some new clothes, and as a second present, my parents are getting my hardback copies of PIHKAL (phenethylamines I have known and loved) and TIHKAL (tryptamines I have known and loved) by Alexander Shulgin, my personal idol.

Treats to myself, from me, in the xmas spirit, include a gram of dextromethophan, 4 ounces of super premium grade high potency kratom (mytrogyna speciosa) devained micronised leaf powder, containing a load of indole alkaloids, which in low doses, act as a stimulant, and in higher ones, as a semipsychedelic, totally legal, mu-opioid agonist of a very pleasant and nod-able potency :)

Also buying myself a gallon of xylene, and one gram of a cyclic amphetamine, 2-aminoindan, which is legal in the UK, to own, produce, sell and ingest,  with moderate stimulant activity, but, a non-opioid induced antinocioceptive potency apparently equipotent to morphine, and as I suffer chronic knee pain, and do not wish to use my opioids medically, I use them as little as possible, using low doses when I MUST do to walk, this 2-AI should stop that constipation, AND get me nicely tweaked, and not that I care, but I won't even be breaking any laws ;D

The best presents I have given, are a crossbow to my gurrl, and to one of my closest friends, a famous name (Tom Anderson) produced dagger, double edged, with the point split into two seperate blades, and sharp steel barbed handguards, all blade edges sharpend, I think with a laser, down to a surgically sharp edge, made in high carbon steel.

I am hoping for some money from relatives, so as I may work on my pet project, of a far less toxic, reasonably potent, long acting and totally legal tropane-analogue of cocaine 8)

So, what you guys/gurlz get?
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline Alberto_Kravina

• Assault Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-15
Re:What did everyone get for xmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:17:50 AM »
I got some music CD's (one is a complete collection of all songs composed by Ennio Morricone, very good music), an electric pencil sharpener (it's a funny thing), a new ski helmet, a chemistry book (I've already started reading it), two new T-shirts and a telephone-adress book.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:47:39 PM by Alberto_Kravina »

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:32:26 AM »
Let's see.  Not a whole lot but I really didn't ask for anything:

1):  Complete Set Topps Baseball Cards Year 2005.  (I have a complete set starting from my year of birth (1980) through the present).
2):  Two IZOD sweaters.  Really nice sweaters too, but damn do they keep in the heat.
3):  Seinfeld Season Six and The Simpsons Season 7 DVDs.
4):  Bill Kroen's "Golf Tip-A-Day" desk calender.  (Neat little tips given for each day of the year).
5):  Golf Lessons on DVD.  Neat little DVD with a bunch of golf lessons as well as a guidebook and some helpful tools.
6):  A set of micro screwdrivers which are good for when I'm screwing around with my computer or my electric discharge apparatus.
7):  One Troy Ounce Gold Canadian Maple Leaf.  (The best addition to my element collection.  I have a one ounce silver maple leaf and a one ounce palladium maple leaf, but didn't have a one ounce gold version.  The thing is remarkably heavy for its size and is made out of 24-karat gold.  While I probably have an ounce worth of gold in my vial, I didn't have any really large pieces of it until now.  I now need to save up to get a one ounce platinum maple leaf and then a one ounce button of osmium.  In the future, I plan to fill up my gold sample vial with nuggets over a long period of time).

"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +112/-22
  • Half Decent Pharmaceutical Chemist
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 01:12:17 PM »
I received:

- an MP3 player (VERY useful) from a rich uncle,
- a new printer,
- 2 pullovers,
- a cd with my favourite comic opera (Donizetti's 'Don Pasquale').

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »
I think another friend of mine is getting me some skunk, hehe, and my grandmother sent me £15 today, which went on sweets, a pack of menthol cigarettes, some promethazine, to potentiate my opiates, and a tenner is being saved for a further bag of weed, going to try score a quartre ounce of hash with it, as I have no resin at the moment.
The light blinds
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline Bakegaku

• Mole Snacks: +20/-5
  • Hydrogen peroxide is my miracle cure to everything
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 05:08:53 PM »
a Bonsai tree, a zen garden, a katana (stage blade, made in China  :D), the Zatch Bell video game, two books on kana/kanji (Japanese writing), two raw manga, a sweatshirt (oops, broke the pattern), an Air Force 1 lego set (from my grandma.  You know how they can't seem to cope with how fast we grow up), two "Get Fuzzy" (comic strip) calenders, and a $25 Best Buy gift card.

I'm pretty sure I named off everything... if I remember anything else I'll edit it in.  I just received the manga and I should still have gifts coming in the mail (distant relatives etc.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 12:20:52 AM by bakegaku »
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
-Socrates

"I see, I forget.  I hear, I remember.  I do, I understand"
-Confucius

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
- Albert Einstein?

"American cartoons place characters in situations; anime
places situations around characters.  Anime characters
are not like fictional characters but more like fictional
people; their actions stem directly from their personalities,
and not just as a means to move the story's plot
forward.  We are made to sympathize with them, and
not simply be entertained by them."
~John Oppliger~

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 10:35:14 PM »
OOhhh, you have good taste, I am trying to save my money for a hand-forged, folded steel, clay tempered traditional katana, with a 40 inch blade I have seen for sale, those blades are SO sharp, could take your head off like a white hot knife through butter.

I collect blades myself, the one I got arrested with and, to my great sorrow, lost, was a Sanderson bayonet made in 1880 odd, which on at least one occasion saved my life.

My current favourite blade is a ninja-to the ninjutsu shortsword, matt-black nonreflective blade, with a blade sharpened, resharpened and sharpened a few more times, I am going to laugh if ever some poor dumb s#*$ tries burgling me, hmm...I wonder how much a kidney goes for on the black market to a desperate renal transplant patient ;D

I should be getting a flintlock dagger pistol cheaply soon, and I itend on finding a solvent for PVA glue that won't react with potassium metal, so the coating wiould dissolve on contact with body tissue/blood or for a particularly painful wound, load the barrel with calcium shards that would slowly burn.

White phosphorus encapsulated in homemade musket balls might be fun, or even a combination WP/K round, that not only explodes internally leaving a load of KOH in the would-be thieving scumbag
but adds incendiary burns, P toxicity, and possible phosphine formation in-vivo 8)

Found a site that has a neat sword came. with a spring-loaded mechanism, activated by a hiddem switch/push button, so the seemingly innocent staff becomes, in effect a rapier, with a switchblade mechanism, I am thinking of getting one of their two-headed battleaxes too.

http://www.swords-n-stuff.com is the site I will be getting the pistol, swordstick and axe from, slong with perhaps a few combat-ready daggers, seeong as my former favourite was stolen from me by the bacon.

Funny enough, on the street, I am far more dangerous if I am armed only with a bo staff, than with a knife, as I am both fast, accurate, and pretty good with one, a sudden shout in the face of an enemy, increases norepinephrine release, then a strike to the vagus nerve will drop even the hardest street thug to the floor then usually a kick to the temple, spinning round to simultaneously strike the back of the knee while landing a stamping kick to the coccyx, or back of the head, well, lets just say, the bastard who tried mugging me, ended up being relieved of his OWN wallet and losing his knife :D

I am the sort to collect weapons, wether made. or bought, it isn't quite as big a hobby as organic chemistry, mycology, or collecting/researching psychotropic substances, is a major interest of mine, my fianceé however, is into no science, and only occasionally does a bit of speed, pot and GHB, has quite the collection of daggers, she physically doesn't LOOK like a fighter, but is fast as a damn cat, and knows how to use her blades, funny enough, all she ever has ON her, is a legal, 1-2 inch folding mini-penknife, and she is as dangerous with that as with any sword, bat'leth, etc.

(my plan of action if ever faced with an armed burglar, is a face full of hot KOH or NaOH, followed up by my whipping out my sword, and taking the weapon away, with the hand still attatched, LOL)

I am pretty good without weapons too, trained at karate a japanese Sensei, only about 5 foot tall, but hard as as a bloody coffin nail. I would LOVE to see the result of some thug trying to jack the guy I used to traim under :o
The light blinds
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 10:54:26 PM »
Note to self;  If ever going to England, contact Limpet and have him walk me around the neighborhood and show me the fun spots.  Would be safe and interesting.   :D ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Bakegaku

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 12:32:37 AM »
hah, quite interesting indeed!  We have a few blades around the house but none so interesting [or useful] as those.  All that we own are stage blades (I.E. even if they were white hot they wouldn't be able to cut through butter  ;D)  but in addition to the katana I have a broadsword that would be worn on the back, two daggers of sort (one is more of a decorative piece, as it has an oddly curved blade... I'm sure it could cause some pretty bad stabbing damage, though.  The other is just thin, ugly, blunt, and basically not attractive in anyway), some shuriken ("throwing stars." Pretty blunt but still able to stick into a wooden board if thrown correctly), and some throwing knives.  I think that's the limit of my armorment... anyway, we're getting off topic  ;D  I don't really have any skill using weapons, though  :-\
-Socrates

-Confucius

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
- Albert Einstein?

~John Oppliger~

Offline Tiger

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +15/-5
  • When I'm with you Eternity is a step away
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 01:52:06 AM »
Got a cold during Christmas time... not fun at all

Here are what I got for this Christmas

-a Sony VAIO laptop (got this before Christmas but counted as Christmas present)
-two cute shirts
-a cute hat
-alarm clock
-a digital camera
-AND MONEY :) :) :)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 04:42:47 AM »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Bakegaku

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 03:17:58 PM »
He means it would be safe from muggers and such.  That would be because Limpet Chicken would beat up whomever attacked them.
-Socrates

-Confucius

- Albert Einstein?

~John Oppliger~

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 05:54:11 PM »
jdurg, you may want to go to Limpet's house in the middle of the day after contacting him lest he think your a burgurlar. Then there would be an admin. opening here at the forum.  ;)

Yea I got:
  • A couple shirts
  • Some CDS
  • and some studio head phones are coming in the mail

Yea that was about it. I got a $350 snowboard and $180 bindings for my birthday although that doesn't count as christmas because my birthday is in August.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 06:18:16 PM »
I just recieved the strangest gift, a wrap of 1g of an unknown white crystalline powder, and the words "have fun" inside a christmas card.

I'm no going anywhere near it, until I find out who sent it, or preferably,have it analysed via GC.MS, HPLC, NMR, etc ???
The light blinds
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Chrataxe

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 08:26:12 AM »
I got a ISP Decimator noise reduction pedal for my guitar, a diecast motorcycle/gift card/guitar combo (what a deal...buy a $32 diecast motorcylcle and a $100 gift certificate and get an $800 guitar FREE!!!) one from my parents, one from me, Boozed, Bruised, and Broken Boned DVD (BLS..though it still hasn't come in), a blanket, some $$, some clothes, something else I can't remember...and a stocking full of little stuff.  I also got myself some presents...though a little before Christmas: a 16 channel mixer, 8 new microphones, and a headphone amp.

Sponsored Links