April 28, 2024, 03:32:18 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: TLC vs HPTLC (Costs)  (Read 2089 times)

Offline wptmdoorn

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
TLC vs HPTLC (Costs)
« on: October 26, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »
Before you read the post; I actually don't know if I placed this topic in the right section. I doubted if it had to be placed here, in the "Materials and Nanochemistry section" or somewere else. If this is the case, please let me know and I'll move the topic. & My english is bad, feel free to point me to wrong sentences/word this helps me improving it. Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to figure out the cost of the techniques TLC and HPTLC. I've been working with them but I never had to bother with the cost of both. And I am mainly wondering which technique cheaper. Also I like to seperate those costs into two things:
  • Purchase costs
  • Maintenance / cost per time using the technique

I've been searching on the internet and in a few books for a week now but I can't seem to get a finger on it. Could someone give me a rough estimation of both techniques with a generally same protocol (or better, a standard protocol for that technique) and give the costs of this? Anything helping me making these estimations would be very nice.

Thanks in advance,

wptmdoorn

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: TLC vs HPTLC (Costs)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
You can get a quick and dirty comparison of the costs of TLC plates vs HPTLC plates at sigma.com  Note: you won't get a price unless you can identify yourself with a Sigma ordering ID for your institution.  Only you know which type of plate media you need, which is a more common choice for HPTLC.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline wptmdoorn

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: TLC vs HPTLC (Costs)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
You can get a quick and dirty comparison of the costs of TLC plates vs HPTLC plates at sigma.com  Note: you won't get a price unless you can identify yourself with a Sigma ordering ID for your institution.  Only you know which type of plate media you need, which is a more common choice for HPTLC.

I'm still educating myself at school and therefore I have no ordering ID (neither I think I can achieve it from the highschool I'm educating at). So are there any other possibilities? CAMAG seems to have such a construct like sigma.com has.

Sponsored Links