Specialty Chemistry Forums > Chemical Education and Careers

VOTE: Which school offers the best chemical ed?

(1/3) > >>

americanstrat4:
I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and I was wondering, in the opinion of others, which university offers the best chemical education and/or science curriculum.  These are schools that I've considered.  All of the schools are excellent; however, it would be nice to have an opinion as to which one offers the best education in chemical sciences.  Any that are outstanding, alright, or poor in quality?  Please let me know.  

Thanks!

Donaldson Tan:
How would anybody know practically? To make a fair comparision, one must attend all these universities in order to make an assessment. This is an impracticability, so we are left with reputation research and employment statistics to make guage of these universities.

Personally, since all of them are top-notch American universities, it doesnt matter you enrol in which one. Then we can use another criteria to evaluate these universities. Which one is nearer to home? it would be nice to be able to return to family on festive seasons.

Donaldson Tan:
LOL. I think we are getting biased votes for UC Berkeley.

I think we have 3 Berkerley PhDs among the staff.

;)

I tend to favour public universities because they are cheaper.

UIUC Chemistry Department is very highly ranked too. They are well known for their Specialized Curriculum. http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/chem/

Mitch:
Its hard to vote because you left out a lot of other great schools.

americanstrat4:
lol. too many excellent schools may be the problem! it's hard to choose from so many of them, especially when they all have so many attractive qualities.  any input is nice though, lol. thanks for the replies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version