March 29, 2024, 11:47:33 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Gaza deaths  (Read 8044 times)

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: Gaza deaths
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »
Honestly, there are not any good quick-fix it answers.

Smartest thing I heard so far! :)

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
Lets see on one side we have Israel that only wants to be left alone to go about their business.

That being the business of denying the rights and land of some of the people who live within the borders they lay claim to because those people have a different religion.  Fencing those people into ever smaller parcels of land and taking the good bits for themselves while ignoring multiple UN resolutions to stop doing so.  Bulldozing their home and killing anyone who does not get out of the way to make way for new homes for Jewish settlers and then bombing them when they complain.

On the other side we have an elected terrorist government supported by another rogue nation who wants to annihilate Israel potentially with nuclear weapons that starts lobbing rockets with the intent to kill as many Israeli civilians as possible.

Yes that is correct.

They further deliberately use their own civilians as shields out of cowardice and so they can scapegoat Israel when they get killed.

I do not agree with this.

Israel is making every reasonable effort to minimize casualties despite the above but they need to defend themselves.

If you really think killing 2 civilians for every "real" target is a reasonable effort to minimise causalities you are a bigger fool than even your previous posts have suggested.

I know if a country neighboring the USA was firing missiles on our cities I would expect the full armed forces of the US to beat that country into submission even if they need to resort to WWII style carpet bombing.

The West Bank and Gaza are not sovereign countries though are they and that is part of the problem and this is not a war we are discussing.

The UK had a long an bloody conflict with the IRA in Northen Ireland in which many thousands of people died over many years but at no point did the UK Government decide to carpet bomb the catholic areas of Belfast or Dublin.  That would have been massively disproportionate and as a civilised country we did it a more difficult harder way that lead to more UK soldiers dying but less civilians doing so.  You're answer is that of a petulant child not a grown up with any understanding of geopolitics.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »
This is spinning out of control.

Topic locked.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links