April 29, 2024, 03:41:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The production and discovery of Amyl Acetate  (Read 1641 times)

Offline kazeAaqib

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
The production and discovery of Amyl Acetate
« on: November 25, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
I can't seem to find when amyl acetate was discovered or produced commercially. I need to know about the history and production of amyl acetate (discovery, production, global capacity and future trends)

I managed to find that DuPont discovered a method to produce it for a substitute of fusel oil in 1911 but failed to make it profitable. Apart from this, information has been very scarce.  :-\

Does anyone know some of this information or where to find it?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: The production and discovery of Amyl Acetate
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
Amyl acetate is an ester.  Its part of a common class of organic compounds, commonly used in flavors and scents.  You will have to research a little harder, information isn't as scarce as you say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyl_acetate
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline kazeAaqib

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: The production and discovery of Amyl Acetate
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
Amyl acetate is an ester.  Its part of a common class of organic compounds, commonly used in flavors and scents.  You will have to research a little harder, information isn't as scarce as you say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyl_acetate

You're right that some things are easy to find like the properties, uses, industrial production and health and safety information but I have been unable to find how it was discovered and the other points I have mentioned. Have checked the library and internet but not much luck.

Sponsored Links