April 18, 2024, 09:48:17 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: blending thermosensitive polymers with ph sensitive polymers for drug delivery  (Read 2654 times)

Offline issac newton

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
i am interested in discussing about the pros and cons of having a vesicle of ph sensitive polymer (with drug to be delivered inside it), inside a vesicle of thermosensitive polymer for drug delivery. This gives us dual control capabilities that is temperature and ph based trigger mechanism.things i need to know about this are

1. is this method a novel approach for drug delivery, for a disease which needs a local site and ph change for drug release.

2. the ph sensitive polymer works based on feedback approach like the release of drug is based on ph change in the system.external triggering is involved for temperature change.

3. what are the difficulties in design of such drug delivery approach.

4. can i use this method specifically for some disease preferably(like some particular cancer demanding temperature and ph conditions) ?

thank you all.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
i am interested in discussing about the pros and cons of having a vesicle of ph sensitive polymer (with drug to be delivered inside it), inside a vesicle of thermosensitive polymer for drug delivery. This gives us dual control capabilities that is temperature and ph based trigger mechanism.things i need to know about this are

1. is this method a novel approach for drug delivery, for a disease which needs a local site and ph change for drug release.

2. the ph sensitive polymer works based on feedback approach like the release of drug is based on ph change in the system.external triggering is involved for temperature change.

3. what are the difficulties in design of such drug delivery approach.

4. can i use this method specifically for some disease preferably(like some particular cancer demanding temperature and ph conditions) ?

thank you all.

What temperature would you trigger it at?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
I'd ask two more questions:  what is the nature of the pH sensitive polymer?  Does it de-polymerize at a certain pH, and into what?  Or does it do something else?  What general, or specific types are available?  Also, when you put a vesicle into a vesicle (sup, dawg) just how big does it get, and is it still implantable then?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links