April 27, 2024, 06:29:26 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Jdurg, about your collection  (Read 5316 times)

crow_of_darkness

Jdurg, about your collection
« on: January 20, 2006, 08:12:03 AM »
    I red that you are an element collector as many other. I' m also sure that you know about a guy named Theodoregray and his site. Have you think to create your own site that you will show your collection?-Just like Theod/ay. I believe that many people would like to see that. :)
    I post that in public, because i have understand that you have one from the biggest collections(In staff BUT also in variety) and many other collectors(and not only) would like to see your answer.(I am not a collector)

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Re:Jdurg, about your collection
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »
Okay, first off I have gone and deleted ALL posts in this thread except for the initial question.  Let's just forget that any of that crap happened and try to move forward from here.  This is a forum for asking and answering questions, not bitching.  Let's try and be civil from now on, okay?  (On a side note, I tried to just remove the offending posts but then this thread became impossible to follow so I just deleted them all).

Now for your question crow, yes, I have seen Theodore Gray's site and have actually conversed with him on a few occasions in regards to his collection.  I've even donated some samples to him and purchased some samples from him as well.  It was his site that gave me the motivation to go ahead and complete my collection.  My reason for NOT making my own website is that #1, my photographs are kindly hosted here for people to see and download as well as at http://www.vanderkrogt.net/elements/index.html, and #2 is that I cannot STAND making webpages and if I tried to make one it would show.  The site would be pretty crappy looking and would just take too much time to keep intact.  I commend anybody who has a fully functional website that's not covered in ads and pop-ups.  If there's anything I can't stand it's a half-assed job on a website, or a website that is not kept up to date.  I'd rather not do it at all than go and do a half-assed job of it.

As for now, there really isn't anything else in relation to my collection that I could photograph.  Whenever there's a new addition I upload it here anyway, so I really wouldn't have the time to go and give a full effort on my own website.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

crow_of_darkness

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:06:30 AM »
    Jdurg, do you know whats the ''funny'' thing in the whole story?(And i am talking about the posts that you deleted) The topic was/is Jdurg, about...etc.(a straight question to you.) The only person that DIDNT took part in this ''conversation'' was YOU jdurg. :DOf course until yesterday.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:10:04 AM »
I've been pretty far away from a computer over the past few days, hence why I didn't respond until yesterday.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Sponsored Links