April 23, 2024, 08:05:27 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Vinegar Computation Problem  (Read 2535 times)

Offline jamespaulking

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Vinegar Computation Problem
« on: January 24, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »
A 25.00 ml vinegar sample was diluted to a 250ml volumetric flask. A 50.00 ml aliquot portion of the dilute vinegar solution needed 35.45 ml of 0.1200 M NaOh to reach the phenolphthalein end point.
a.   Calculate the number of mmoles of NaOH required to reach the endpoint?
b.   Calculate the number of mmoles of acetic acid in the 50ml aliquot portion that was titrated?
c.   What is the concentration of the acetic acid in the titrated aliquot portion?
d.   Calculate the total mass of acetic acid that was dissolved in the solution contained in the volumetric flask?
e.   The mass (g) of acetic acid dissolved in the solution contained in the volumetric flask came from the 25.00ml vinegar sample. Calculate the mass of acetic acid in the 25.00ml vinegar sample?
f.   Calculate the % CH3COOH (w/v) present in the 25.00 ml vinegar sample?
g.   The aliquot portion that was titrated was obtained from the solution contained in the volumetric flask. Then, the
h.   concentration of acetic acid in the aliquot portion is equal to the concentration of acetic acid in the volumetric
i.   flask. The concentration of acetic acid in the volumetric flask is ___________________M

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Vinegar Computation Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:15:59 AM »
Please show your attempt, this is a Forum Rule.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Sponsored Links