General Forums > Generic Discussion

LAB TESTS CONFIRM SARIN IN IRAQI SHELL

(1/2) > >>

Mitch:
Sarin or as us chemist like to call it O-isopropyl methylphosphonofluoridate was found in that suspect Iraqi shell. Full story here http://pubs.acs.org/isubscribe/journals/cen/82/i24/html/8224notw8.html

Donaldson Tan:
I do not have any ACS account. I can't access the link

:-[

Corvettaholic:
You mean that old binary shell that went off a month ago? I think it pre-dated the gulf war, so it wasn't a sign of recent chemical weapons manufacturing. Those guys should count their blessings that it wasn't a conventional warhead, cause they wouldn't be here if it was. That was a BIG shell.

Mitch:
Geodome, since your going into Chem E, you should join ACS. Not only is it just the largest academic society for Chemistry, but its the world's biggest scientific society in general. If you need me as a reference for membership let me know.

chemicalLindsay:
HEY MITCH ARE YOU A CHEMIST.WHAT TYPE (ANALYTICAL ETC).i WANT TO BE A CHEMIST WHEN i GROW UP.HOW IS THE JOB CHEMISTRY WISE AND IS IT INTERESTING AND HOW HARD IS IT TO GET INTO CHEMICAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT.ALSO DOES IT PAY WELL  (SORRY ABOUT THAT JUST CURIOUS) AND DO YOU GET TOUR OWN LAB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version