April 27, 2024, 10:08:10 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Synthesis Mercurochrome  (Read 21047 times)

golden

Re:Synthesis Mercurochrome
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 12:25:48 PM »
I couldnt really get a good picture of the vials, but here is a transcript of the words.

Especially Prepared
MERCUROCHROME-220 Soluble, H.W. & D.
For intraveneous use
Each tube contains 0.5 gram Mercurochrome, accurately weighed. This amount added to 50 c.c. of recently distilled water produces a one per cent. solution for intravenous injection.
Solutions are self-sterilizing and must not be boiled
Dosage:-Usually 5 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. This is equal to 23 c.c. of the one per cent. solution per 100 pounds of body weight. The does can be figured on this bassis and the proper fraction of the 50 c.c. of solution administered.
Note:-When necessary, the regular scales of Mercurochrome as marketed in bulk can be used for making up intravenous solutions, but the tablets are not suitable for this purpose.
Intravenous Solutions Should Be Freshly Prepared, So Stock Ampules cannot be furnished.
Hynson, Westcott & Dunning   -  Baltimore

The coolest thing, next to the vials, is that I live in Baltimore!

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 07:31:36 PM »
Isn't it amazing how the simple reception of chemicals/elements in one's hands produces an unequaled endorphin rush?  Perhaps it's the geek in me, but whenever I would get a new element in the mail I would be ecstatic to open it up and see and feel what it was like.  It's the downside to having completed my collection that I can no longer feel that excitement.  Instead, I just have to deal with the joys of looking at my samples and seeing how they change over time.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

golden

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 11:04:55 PM »
Exactly, like when i got only (35g) of Mercury, i was jumping around the room (not with the mercury), and was estatic.

kd4ace

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 10:27:31 AM »
2% Mercurochrome was readily available in 25 ml and 50 ml bottles at local drugstores in Barbados November 2004.  Typical packaging is: http://home.earthlink.net/~tidd/images/MC_25-50ml.JPG     http://home.earthlink.net/~tidd/images/MC_25ml.JPG

They mix it locally from crystals.

Sponsored Links