March 29, 2024, 08:19:23 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: water conductivity meter KCl standards  (Read 2447 times)

Offline ken3009

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
water conductivity meter KCl standards
« on: February 24, 2013, 06:59:13 AM »
i run 4 standards before testing any water samples, the lower std, 0.001KCL. 0.01KCL, and 0.1 KCL

my question is, is it compulsory to test all these standards first, and if so why exactly?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: water conductivity meter KCl standards
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »
What official standards do you have to conform to, and what do they say?  Example, is this for environmental release, and do the EPA standards specify you have to do all these standards.  Then yes, you do, of course -- why would you ask?  Would you ask the world, "Its 3am, do I have to stop at red lights, no one else is around, who's gonna know?"

If you're not under some sort of rigid legal obligation, dd you still say, or imply, that you were?  Are you following a protocol based on EPA standards, for some internal use, and do you claim (or are people assuming) that you're working to that standard?

Briefly yes, when you try to perform an analytical test, you want to be sure your instrument is working correctly, so some testing of a known standard is needed.  But how much, and how often, we kinda just made up some of those rules.

What more can you tell us, about your application, to help us figure out the reasons?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline ken3009

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:53:55 AM »
yes i get where your coming from but im the sort of person who needs an exact REASON as to why it should be done. if there is no significant reason i dont think its worth doing..dont like doing things for the sake of doing it. well thats not always possible in the practial world i guess when you are working for someone, and we all dont think alike..ha ha

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 06:41:51 AM »
Sorry, I didn't answer in this thread just to have a chat with you.  So when I asked:

What more can you tell us, about your application, to help us figure out the reasons?

I was hoping for more than 'ha ha'
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links