Topic: Fraud or not?  (Read 8090 times)

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Fraud or not?
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »
Look at these guys:

http://www.merusonline.com/

Personally, I smell a rat. What's unusual is it seems a sophisticated fraud, not targeted at gullible individuals but industrial buyers (who I'd think were smarter!). If they are not outright lying, Cunrad Cruise Lines, Saudi Aramco are both customers.  ::) Pretty successful, eh?

Claim itself looks dodgy to me:

The MERUS Ring is made out of two halves of a treated alloy. The two halves can easily be installed on the outside of a pipe as a collar.
Once the MERUS Ring is installed, it automatically starts to emit different kind of oscillations. As can be seen in the movie, for each problem there is a dedicated oscillation to fight a specific problem. The red oscillation fights rust and corrosion, the black one fights calcium carbonate and other salts, the green one is fighting microbiological problems such as bacteria, algae or bio-fouling.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Fraud or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
Whole site stinks of snake oil.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Fraud or not?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 12:09:02 PM »
Oscillations?  Is that what's in style now?  Has 'vibrations' become too obvious?  Oscillations of what?  Air?  Magnetic fields?  The luminous aether?  Don't be impressed and/or worried that major corporations have used this -- they may have tried it once, or agreed to use a free sample on a test vehicle, but never used it again.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links