April 29, 2024, 12:15:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Lovin the site!!!  (Read 5674 times)

dexangeles

Lovin the site!!!
« on: February 20, 2005, 12:25:32 AM »
I'm starting to love Organic, thanks to this site
Ha, I'm doing better in class too, just got a 100 percent on me first test  ;D
my first 100 in Organic, I thought I'd never get it and started to doubt myself
I can't believe how reading others' questions and answers in here can help you learn
even the ones you've forgotten, the curiosity when someone asks makes you open your book even more
Too bad I don't think we're going fast enough in class to finish the book
Still, I'm just lovin this site --- can't go a day without it
Awesome!!! thanks guys  :)

the only bad thing is this site shows me how much I've forgotten Gen Chem
guess I need to hit the old books

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Re:Lovin the site!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 12:58:31 AM »
Congrats!  Glad to hear that.  This place is a fun place to be and is good inspiration to go out and do some more learning.  It's also one of the few places out there where you can go and just shoot the s#*$ about chemistry without getting strange looks.  Believe me.  heh.  I've tried talking to some coworkers about my element collection and they just give me this really dumb stare.  lol.   ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 01:54:04 AM »
great to know we are doing a good community service here  ;D
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline AngelShare

• Mole Snacks: +9/-8
  • The Eternal Flame
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 05:52:16 PM »
It's a good community service alright...when you can get help. :bleh: :innocent1:
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.[/size] ~Alan Watts

grkm

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 04:59:39 AM »
it's the first time i've looked at this wonderful forum and realy i enjoy very very much!  actually i need to love chemistry(cause i'm a chemistry student) and this forum provide chemistry love to me ;D however still i need to know something: i don't want an academic carieer for myself, but what can i do, what will be my carrier?will i be a chemist? i am from turkey, and unfortunately our research field is not well advenced and chemists don't have good positions in turkey, i want a good carrier but how?

Byrne

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 03:10:49 PM »
I registered a while ago, but recently I find I've only recently been visiting the Chemical Forums everyday.  Before, I would only post questions and replies in my own topics, but I find I am regularly looking at other topics in an attempt to see if I can help others.  My interest in chemisty in general has increased significantly during the past few months and I think part of it is because of this forum.  Learning something new everyday here  8)

Sponsored Links