March 28, 2024, 01:04:30 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Electrochemistry research-Factors affect internal resistance of a primary cell  (Read 6243 times)

Offline Sridhar96

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
Hey guys
I need to do a research project on factors affecting internal resistance of a primary cell.This topic has not been taken up for a few years in my school and hence i do not have much info on how to proceed further.
I hope you guys can outline to me what are some factors that affect the resistance of a primary cell which i need to make on my own and how they affect the resistance.
Some factors are Temperature , density of electrolyte , viscosity , surface area of exposure of electrodes and I would be glad if you could touch upon a few others.
Please reply ASAP.Also feel free to suggest some reference material on this topic.
Thanks in advance.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Any decent electrochemistry book (like this one) will contain more information that you can digest in a month.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Sridhar96

I'm in no position to buy a book right now.Could you just outline how these few factors i have listed and a few other basic ones would affect the internal resistance ?

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
I'm in no position to buy a book right now.Could you just outline how these few factors i have listed and a few other basic ones would affect the internal resistance ?

Tried google?

Offline Sridhar96

Yes! And youtube.I need help from a human who is aware of this topic :P
And Fast.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
What's the assignment?  How can we "help"?  You have to research a project the internal resistance of a primary cell.  This board has a set of rules, menat to be sure that you do most of the work yourself.  To address this, you list four -- how did you get them?  Did you conduct an experiment yourself?  Did you read of it somewhere?  Didi you just guess?  Or did someone give you those?  Now for the next step, you want "the rest."  Given to you because you asked.  Is that how research projects are done?

Did you consider going to the library and just reading that book without buying it?

Really?  And the bibliography of the project will have some random poster's name from the internet?  Something like -- "SleazySteve the letroFreaka believes that electrode geometry plays a role as well."  You will not get credit for that sort of reference.

And Fast.

Don't ever write something like that, when you need help for a High School project.  Professionals barely tolerate that from the worst sort of boss or supervisor.  Do you actually address teachers, school administrators and your parents in that fashion?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
And Fast.

I might be that human. But what incentive do I have to help you? Why should I? You don't seem to have done much work yourself.

Ok, tell us what you learnt from Google and Youtube.

Sponsored Links