April 26, 2024, 04:50:13 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hinsberg Oxindole Sythesis  (Read 2850 times)

Offline monaghantw

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hinsberg Oxindole Sythesis
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am currently in the middle of doing my final year report for my undergraduate degree, and i've been doing a lot of work on oxidative rearrangements of indoles and oxindoles. In the last week I've hit a bit of a snag in that a lot of the work in inaccesible to me through my university and isn't readily available online either.

My question is, does anyone have access to any journals or accredited information regarding the Hinsberg Oxindole synthesis?

Any help would be greatly received

Thanks

Tom
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:29:39 PM by monaghantw »

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Hinsberg Oxindole Sythesis
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »
I'm guessing you don't have access to the original papers in Chem. Ber. (example) from the 1890's then?

You can search on Reaxys and/or SciFinder (you should have access to at least one through your university) to find papers. Also check named reactions books - Kürti & Czakó, for example, has an entry for this reaction. I don't have the book to hand so I can't tell you how much info is there - probably a decent amount though, it's a very good book that I would recommend buying anyway. Hopefully it's in your library.

If you are having problems with journal access, talk to your librarian. You may be able to get an inter-library loan if they do not have the print version themselves.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline monaghantw

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately my library didnt have access to the book you suggested and the original paper was unavailable for the interlibrary loan service! Very frustrating as I have the scheme and I've already acquired a paper from wiley on the original reaction but it contained no yields or specific details for the reaction, only a general scheme and the reference which are unavailable to me. Unfortunately I may have to give up on this reaction which is a shame.

Offline orgopete

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +213/-71
    • Curved Arrow Press
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »

My question is, does anyone have access to any journals or accredited information regarding the Hinsberg Oxindole synthesis?

I am many times amazed by the knowledge of followers of this forum. Perhaps someone could provide help on this or a similar reaction but may not recognize it by Hinsberg Oxindole synthesis. Perhaps you might post the scheme in question (use Additional Options).
Author of a multi-tiered example based workbook for learning organic chemistry mechanisms.

Sponsored Links