April 20, 2024, 08:58:50 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Conjugated unsaturated systems, aeromatic compounds and radical reactions  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Una Von Tuna

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello. Let me qualify this by first saying that I know very little about chemistry. However, my girlfriend is taking Organic Chemistry and is having a hard time following the text book she was assigned. The text book is Solomon and Fryhle's Organic Chemistry 10th Edition. She has a test on chapters 10, 13 and 14 (conjugated unsaturated systems, aeromatic compounds and radical reactions), but is having a hard time understanding the information. I was wondering if you would have something available that she could study that dumbs it down a little and makes it a little easier to comprehend? Ideally, something she could start tonight.

Thank you.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
A textbook is about as plain and straightforward as you're going to get, most likely.  The only real option would be to just try another textbook, if the one you're using isn't to your liking.  But keep in mind this could cause you to miss some information covered on the test.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Una Von Tuna

I was afraid of that. Well, darn it. Alright, thanks anyway. :)

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
We have a thread for recommended organic textbooks that may be useful:

http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=2414.0
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline Una Von Tuna

Thank you! I will pass this onto her.

Sponsored Links