April 26, 2024, 10:55:27 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: reasons for taking or giving snacks  (Read 2352 times)

Offline BARAJAN

• Mole Snacks: +2/-18
reasons for taking or giving snacks
« on: May 27, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
hi guys
what makes you to take snacks of somebody? I like to understand what is my mistakes to prevent for future.
I myself give snack when someone give me helpful answers and vice versa for wrong answers what about you?
thanks for your attention  :D

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: reasons for taking or giving snacks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
Here's an older thread that covers the topic well.  If you still have questions, you could ask them again.  http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=58945.15
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: reasons for taking or giving snacks
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:40:16 AM »
LOL, that thread is a riot Arkcon.  But I'm not sure I'd agree it "covers the topic well"...

For my part, I don't give or take mole snacks because I don't really think such things are helpful to anyone.  Especially a place like this, a person's posts really speak for themselves.  I've been at a lot of internet forums, even moderated at a few (still do, in fact), and I've come to believe these kinds of "board rewards" typically just cause more grief than anything.  The kind of fighting and whining and hand-wringing over them really just blows my mind sometimes.

I do find it curious that snacks are not mentioned at all in the board FAQ.  Maybe if the FAQ included a brief guideline for why people should give or take them, they would be more useful.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links