February 27, 2021, 07:48:34 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: partial volume  (Read 3587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Green Dragon

  • Guest
partial volume
« on: June 30, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »
Hi there!  Where can one look up the partial volume of a solute (e.g. sodium chloride) in water?  By that I mean the volume displaced by a solute when 1 M of it is added to water.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ::)

Offline Mitch

  • General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5296
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • Gender: Male
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:partial volume
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 01:53:58 PM »
The handbook of Physics and Chemistry would have it. To a first approximation you could determine the equivalent volume of the solute out of the solution and just add it to the total volume of the solution.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Green Dragon

  • Guest
Re:partial volume
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 09:35:42 AM »
Thank you.  This was helpful.

Sponsored Links