April 19, 2024, 01:56:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemistry wizards??? {titration}  (Read 1641 times)

Offline patmagrath

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Chemistry wizards??? {titration}
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:16:47 AM »
Questions from a titration experiment we did in class. Could you please have a look and try to answer any of these?

Concentration of NaOH: 0.100mL was a given and I calculated the gL-1 to be 4g is that right?
Balanced equation: HCl + NaOH = NaCl +H2O
Average Titre Volume: 28.5 mL

1. Using the balanced equation and the average titre volume (average volume of NaOH required to achieve the equivalence point), calculate the concentration of the hydrochloric acid solution in M and gL-1.

2. why does dilution of the hydrochloric acid solution with water not affect the calculation of its concentration?

3. What differences (if any) would there be in performing the titration with the acid in the burette rather than the base? Explain your answer

4. 0.010 L of .25 M HCl is needed to neutralise 22.0 mL of a calcium hydroxide solution. Write the neutralisation reaction then calculate the molar concentration of the calcium hydroxide solution?

5. A H2SO4 solution of unknown molarity is titrated with a 0.20 M KOH solution. The titration requires 42.70 mL of KOH solution to reach the equivalnce point with 25.00 mL of H2SO4. What is the molar concentration of the sulphuric acid?

If you have the time to answer any of these could you possibly tell me briefly how you aquired the answers.. Thank you sincerly.

Pat M

{MOD Edit: add useful title}
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:28:33 AM by Arkcon »

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Chemistry wizards??? {titration}
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »
Please show your attempt, this is a Forum Rule.

My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Sponsored Links