April 24, 2024, 02:24:01 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Turning alcohol into water  (Read 7595 times)

Offline Klabro

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Turning alcohol into water
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:29:17 AM »
Well kinda. Sorry if this sound stupid but I really need help. Is there anything I can add to alcohol(moonshine to be exact) that will make it "inactive"? I mean turn it into something that will make it impossible to get drunk with. Like alcohol with no effect.
It still has to be legit for human consumption so nothing harmful to add or as a result of adding something.
I know It sounds ridiculous but I really need to find a way to get a binge drinker to sober up and not have any more booze for a few days. I hope someone can help. Thank you.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: Turning alcohol into water
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
That sounds plain dangerous to try.

In any case, for arguments sake, say you did have a magic powder that converted alcohol to water, you think he wouldn't notice? Isn't the project doomed to failure? Alternatively, one would just dump moonshine and refill the container with water.

Offline Klabro

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 02:14:19 AM »
I did not mean turn it into plain drinkable water. I meant to turn it into something that he cant get drunk with. Like something that will look like the moonshine making process has just gone wrong and this batch just did not work out. it happened to him before. i dont know why but it did. I cant dump it. I live in fear everyday. If he knew I dumped it I would be in big trouble. Anyway, I am not here to explain my lifestory. I was just asking for chemist's opinion. I obviously dont know anything about chemistry so I am not sure why itwould be dangerous but if it is I do not want to try it. I am not trying to cause anybody any harm.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 02:46:50 AM »
Yes but it'd probably alter its taste / kick and your friend would realize.

Offline Klabro

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »
When the process goes bad it would alter the taste too. That would not be the problem. Anybody else?

Sponsored Links