April 27, 2024, 01:03:37 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How could I find the %dissociation of solute?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Jekel0000

• Mole Snacks: +0/-9
How could I find the %dissociation of solute?
« on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
if the sodium carbonate solute in this reaction is dissociated how do I know if there is a complete saturation of the salt(Na2CO3) + Solvent(H2O) ->Solution

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: How could I find the %dissociation of solute?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
a complete saturation of the salt

What do you mean by this?

Note: There are mistakes in your calculations because the molar mass of Na2CO3 is not 108 g/mol.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline Jekel0000

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »
106 g/mol yes... close enough it did not matter that I check the book. My question is how do you know the saturation level of the solute + solvent?

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »
the saturation level

I do not understand the terms you are using. Define what you mean by "saturation level".
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline Jekel0000

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
basically in chemical equilibrium there must be some amount of stoichiometric equivalent that allows me to measure the exact amount of NaCO3 + H20 in the solution so that I get exactly one molecule of NaCO3 for every one molecule of H2O equal to  (=) one molecule of NaOH and one molecule Carbonic Acid H2CO3. I would think the measurement would be in grams but the exact amount will not be as close as I think because of the famous Avogardo 6.023 x 10^23 needs some form of coefficient for the conversion of the exact amount of each atom in each molecule. Ionic or polyatomic...See Avogadro's Proof...

Offline Jekel0000

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 07:47:51 PM »
this is still wrong because it is said that the nucleus of an atom does not always have the same number of neutrons as the number of protons and electrons. We know from physics that in nature there is no such thing as a monopole. Meaning that there is no proton without an electron. I guess the neutron is irrelavent...

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 08:07:47 PM »
this is still wrong because it is said that the nucleus of an atom does not always have the same number of neutrons as the number of protons and electrons. We know from physics that in nature there is no such thing as a monopole. Meaning that there is no proton without an electron. I guess the neutron is irrelavent...

Can I ask you to type ... that is you type into this forum, not paste an image, where the statements you've made in the quote above are relevant to the question that started this thread?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links