March 28, 2024, 11:16:48 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Label "chemist" in message profile  (Read 4031 times)

Offline magician4

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-11
Label "chemist" in message profile
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:17:36 AM »
Hi there,

just out of curiosity: who or what does decide whether I'm labelled to be a "chemist" or not?

..  because I just didn't find a respective box to click ref. my profession whilst filling my profile details.

tnx for your time and some insight in this matter

regards

Ingo
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
(Douglas Adams)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Label "chemist" in message profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:50:53 PM »
No.  That's not the reason why you don't have the 'Chemist' label.  I suppose, on some level, everyone here is a chemist ... of some sort.  Its also not done automatically by the forum software, although as you reach certain post counts, a monicker does change.  The 'Chemist' label is assigned by Mitch: or Borek:, based entirely on their own opinion of when its appropriate to assign.  Also, if you have an established webpage, and you host a link to the Chemical Forums, then Mitch: will give you a Custom Title of your choosing
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline magician4

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-11
Re: Label "chemist" in message profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
thank you for the explanation ref. what this is all about

regards

Ingo
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
(Douglas Adams)

Sponsored Links